Blog submission guidelines are under construction and will be published soon.
United Through Reading’s ‘Read! our blog’ is a moderated blog, and editors will review all comments before publishing them. Our editors reserve the right to revoke any users commenting privileges at any time.
United Through Reading will not publish comments that contain any of the following:
• vulgarity, needlessly aggressive or rude language, nudity
• offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, or religious group
• personal attacks of any kind including statements or material that defame, harass, abuse, stalk, threaten, or in any way infringe on the rights of others
• statements based on hearsay or made on behalf of another individual
• spam or links to personal or inappropriate sites
• items that are clearly off topic
• advocating of illegal activity
• promotion of services, products, or political organizations
• material that is copyrighted or trademarked
• disclosure of “personally identifiable information,” proprietary or privileged information, or information that could compromise the military’s security
Additional information about comments:
We recognize that the Web is a 24/7 medium and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage resources, we ask that you allow up to two business days for approval and publishing; although we will make every effort to publish comments faster during regular business hours, Monday through Friday.
When composing a comment for READ!, you will see that name and email address are required fields above the comment box. When your comment is published, however, only your name – formatted as plain text – will appear. Although we may contact you via email, we will never publish your email address. Anonymous comments, however, are not permitted.
Basic HTML tags are allowed in the body of comments, including hyperlinks. Links to other websites are fine, as long as they are germane to the topic. Once a comment is submitted for moderation, it cannot be edited. It will be either approved or declined as is.
Thank you for taking the time to read this comment policy. We encourage your participation on ‘Read! our blog’ and look forward to an active and open exchange of ideas. Please remember to be respectful toward the authors and your fellow commentors. If something you are about to submit for approval makes you feel uncomfortable, think about your actions. When in doubt, don’t type it out !