The Benefits of Reading Aloud with Children:
- Children learn listening skills, vocabulary, and language skills.
- Children develop imagination and creativity.
- Children’s self-esteem grows as they experience the security of having a parent or other caring person read aloud with them.
- Children learn concepts and gather information about the world around them.
- Children learn positive behavior patterns and social conduct.
- Children develop positive attitudes about themselves.
- Children learn the joy of reading.